Friday, September 25, 2009

Is mockery also a sincere form of flattery?

Gotta love my friends. Having "enjoyed" my griping about parking at my son's preschool, my son's Godmother took the Flat Andrew we sent her and used it against me, in a very funny way. Flat Andrew came from Sunday school, and is supposed to travel to as many people as possible, and those people are supposed to take pictures of him in their town and then eventually return him to our church by mail by the end of next month. She did dutifully do the assignment, but she also did this...



If you  have not ever gone to "The Best Site in the Universe" http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule2 and read this guy's reviews of children's art, you won't appreciate my husband's response when I sent this to him.  He simply said, "ding, ding" as in "ding, ding, here comes the shitmobile" on this guy's site.  You really should check out his commentary, and if you don't nearly pee yourself you may need to get checked.  The point being neither of us thinks our son has a future in graphic design or anything remotely artistic.  Even from this distance you can see the obvious care and attention to detail the little guy put into poor ol' Flat Andrew.  He's basically just a blue scribble, and yet the kid cried when I mailed him away.  Perhaps he knew my friends would use Andrew to mock me.

No comments:

Post a Comment